2. Davante Adams
In years past, the Packers have always possessed at least three extremely talented wide receivers. The core included some combination of Greg Jennings, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Adams. Unfortunately, that’s not the case this season.
More from Green Bay Packers
- Packers Week 14 Rooting Guide: Best Outcomes for Playoff Odds
- What to Know: Packers reportedly sign RB Kenyan Drake
- Packers Rookie Ladder After Massive Win Over Chiefs
- What to Know: Packers claim CB David Long off waivers
- Packers Week 13 Playoff Update: Green Bay Controls Their Own Destiny
Cobb is still back, but he has failed to live up to the lofty expectations placed on him. Even though he’s still in his prime, he appears to be a shell of his former self.
Behind him is even less depth. The Packers are relying on a trio of rookies drafted in the middle rounds as well as a couple of unproven youngsters to take on the third receiving spot. It’s important to note Jimmy Graham is listed as a tight end, but will likely line up at receiver a good amount.
Regardless, the weight on Adams’ shoulders to carry this receiving unit is a heavy one. The good news is Adams has only gotten better and better in recent seasons. Even without Rodgers last season, he proved he’s one of the top receivers in the game by thriving with Brett Hundley at quarterback (the only one to do so). Adams will take the next leap forward in 2018 and cement his place in the NFL.