3. Blake Martinez
Blake Martinez had a breakout season in 2017, posting 94 tackles, one sack and one interception in his second season. That’s only just the beginning for this inside linebacker.
More from Green Bay Packers
- Packers Week 14 Rooting Guide: Best Outcomes for Playoff Odds
- What to Know: Packers reportedly sign RB Kenyan Drake
- Packers Rookie Ladder After Massive Win Over Chiefs
- What to Know: Packers claim CB David Long off waivers
- Packers Week 13 Playoff Update: Green Bay Controls Their Own Destiny
Even though the tackles are a great thing, look for that number to only go up. New defensive coordinator Mike Pettine has a great scheme in place that maximizes his player’s talents. This should allow Martinez to fly around the field even more and utilize his great tackling skills.
This scheme should also allow Martinez to make more impact plays on the field such as sacks and interceptions. Martinez career numbers of two sacks and two interceptions in two seasons are indicative of Green Bay’s overall numbers on defense. The team has simply lacked the turnover and big plays that can turn a game in their favor.
Pettine’s scheme thrives on creating chaos for the offense and that should help Martinez get multiple sacks and picks in 2018.