6. Jake Ryan
More from Green Bay Packers
- Packers Week 14 Rooting Guide: Best Outcomes for Playoff Odds
- What to Know: Packers reportedly sign RB Kenyan Drake
- Packers Rookie Ladder After Massive Win Over Chiefs
- What to Know: Packers claim CB David Long off waivers
- Packers Week 13 Playoff Update: Green Bay Controls Their Own Destiny
Jake Ryan has been surpassed by Blake Martinez as the starting inside middle linebacker. That’s not surprising considering the struggles he’s had in his short career. Although he’s a serviceable player, he’s far from fantastic.
The Packers also added a rookie at his position this season, Oren Burks. Burks was selected in the third round of the draft and figures to be the coverage specialist Green Bay has needed.
Ryan, who was drafted in the fourth round of the 2015 draft, is in the fourth and final year of his rookie deal. He’s making $1.9 million in 2018 and will likely want a substantial pay raise next year. Given his play, the Packers are likely to let him walk away after this season plays out.