For: He’s a strong center
In Henson and Maker, the Bucks have two of the longest centers in the entire NBA. Their wingspans allow them to do incredible things including block shot after shot.
More from Milwaukee Bucks
- Bucks Film Room Podcast: 3 Positive Takeaways
- Milwaukee Bucks Notebook: “Do Your Work Early”
- Bucks Film Room Podcast: Position-by-Position Look at Rotation
- 3 Bucks Who Need to Step Up after Jae Crowder’s Injury
- 10 Takeaways from Milwaukee Bucks First 10 Games
Unfortunately, they get pushed around far too often as they each lack the strength to body with most other centers. Especially the stronger ones.
Howard could immediately fix that, as he’s one of the strongest centers in the league. He hardly gets pushed around and is usually the one doing the bullying. This would be a great offset to what the Bucks already have at the position and would allow them to minimize the damage centers have done against them in recent seasons.
Depending on the matchup, the Bucks could lean on Howard to carry them against certain players or turn to Henson or Maker as well. Each of them has their own set of strengths and by signing Howard, head coach Mike Budenholzer could adjust his lineup to their specific gameplan for the night.