5. Alex Hornibrook
Alex Hornibrook had an amazing Orange Bowl against the Miami Hurricanes. He threw for 258 yards, four touchdowns and completed 23 of his 34 attempts. It was easily one of the best games of his career against a very respectable defense. Because of this performance, however, many have forgotten how woeful Hornibrook was during the regular season.
More from Wisconsin Badgers
- Predicting Wisconsin Football’s 2023 Schedule And Win-Loss Record
- 5 Bold Predictions For Wisconsin Football In 2023
- Predicting Wisconsin Football’s Offensive Depth Chart Before Training Camp
- The Badger State: Wisconsin Football Prepares For Spring Practices
- Wisconsin Football: 6 newcomers who will have immediate impact
Including the Orange Bowl, there were only four games where Hornibrook FAILED to throw an interception. In other terms, he was picked off at least once in 10 of their 14 games. Four times he threw at least two interceptions and he tossed at least one pick in eight consecutive games from Sep. 30 to Nov. 18. When the damage was all tallied he racked up 15 total interceptions.
The Badgers had such a great defense last year, they were usually able to weather the storm when put in these tough positions. However, their defense will likely drop off a little this season which makes it more difficult. If Hornibrook continues to throw interceptions at this pace, the Badgers might find a couple of unruly upsets on the schedule.