12. New Mexico Lobos
The Badgers second game of the season comes against New Mexico on Sep. 8 at Camp Randall. This is likely to be a snooze-fest as Wisconsin will almost certainly cruise to a blowout victory over the Lobos.
More from Wisconsin Football
- Predicting Wisconsin Football’s 2023 Schedule And Win-Loss Record
- 5 Bold Predictions For Wisconsin Football In 2023
- Predicting Wisconsin Football’s Offensive Depth Chart Before Training Camp
- The Badger State: Wisconsin Football Prepares For Spring Practices
- Wisconsin Football: 6 newcomers who will have immediate impact
New Mexico went 3-9 last season and has head coach Bob Davie returning for his seventh season. Davie was suspended for a month in the Spring following an investigation conducted by the university. However, he’ll be back for the Badgers game.
New Mexico isn’t likely to be much better than last season and that will show early on. There’s a new offensive coordinator and quarterback Tevaka Tuioti should thrive in it. Look for the passing game to lead the Lobo’s as their run game as absolutely horrible.
The defense was below average last season and returns most of its players. Still, Wisconsin is far too good and will run all over them.