The Green Bay Packers released their 2014 training camp schedule, with 17 practices scheduled to be open to the public from July 26-Aug. 27.
That is down from 19 public practices in 2013.
Players are scheduled to report on Friday, July 25, and practices will begin the following morning at 8:20 a.m.
Family Night at Lambeau Field is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 2. According to a 2010 study, approximately 90,000 visitors will attend training camp and/or Family Night.
The reduced number of practices open to the public is a bummer for fans, sure, but the goal of training camp is to get ready for the season, not necessarily to put on a show for the public.
The full preseason schedule is below, with times listed for practice sessions that will be open to the public. All practices will be held at Nitschke Field unless otherwise noted (all dates and times for practices are subject to change):
- Saturday, July 26: 8:20 a.m.
- Sunday, July 27: 8:20 a.m.
- Monday, July 28: 8:20 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 29: NO PRACTICE
- Wednesday, July 30: 8:20 a.m.
- Thursday, July 31: 8:20 a.m.
- Friday, Aug. 1: 8:20 a.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 2: Family Night, 6:25 p.m. (Lambeau Field)
- Sunday, Aug. 3: NO PRACTICE
- Monday, Aug. 4: 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 5: noon
- Wednesday, Aug. 6: 11:45 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 7: NO PRACTICE
- Friday, Aug. 8: No public practice
- Saturday, Aug. 9: Preseason game at Tennessee, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 10: NO PRACTICE
- Monday, Aug. 11: No public practice
- Tuesday, Aug. 12: noon
- Wednesday, Aug. 13: 11:45 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 14: NO PRACTICE
- Friday, Aug. 15: No public practice
- Saturday, Aug. 16: Preseason game at St. Louis, 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 17: NO PRACTICE
- Monday, Aug. 18: Noon
- Tuesday, Aug. 19: 11:45 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 20: NO PRACTICE
- Thursday, Aug. 21: 10:15 a.m.
- Friday, Aug. 22: Preseason game vs. Oakland, 7 p.m. (Lambeau Field)
- Saturday, Aug. 23: NO PRACTICE
- Sunday, Aug. 24: No public practice
- Monday, Aug. 25: 11:45 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 26: NO PRACTICE
- Wednesday, Aug. 27: 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 28: Preseason game vs. Kansas City, 6 p.m. (Lambeau Field)
In the event of bad weather or any other cause forcing practices to be moved inside, those practices would be closed to the public due to space limitations inside the Don Hutson Center.